Sunday, September 26, 2010

5.5 miles in 57 minutes

my first run was on saturday.  i left at 10:00 for my 5.5 miler.  i went out my front door and took a left, running to the end of canyon road.  i ended up at merle and olson park, where the local farmers market is held.  i ran around the park then back up canyon road.  i passed my place and continued to first dam.  this was when i turned around and went back home. 



it was much more difficult then i anticipated.  it was frustrating for me when my left knee started tweaking around mile 4.  my feet were also covered in hot spots, the inevitable sign of future blisters.  i am running in $30 little boys shoes.  and they are terrible.  i realized after this run that to avoid injury while training i must invest in some real running shoes.  donations are being accepted.

this is the shoe i ran in. and it sucked.
this is the shoe i ran my marathon in. and i want them back.


overall this run left me feeling motivated to get back in the groove.

No comments:

Post a Comment