Tuesday, September 28, 2010

mondays run

monday was fortunately a warm day in logan.  i finished with school at five o'clock so went out for an evening run.  it was a fun four miles.  i was a bit sore from the weekends adventures.  my time was not that great.  it took me 47 minutes.  my feet hurt. ouch.

 Champions do not become champions when they win the event, but in the hours, weeks, months and years they spend preparing for it. The victorious performance itself is merely the demonstration of their championship character.
-- T. Alan Armstrong

there is nothing about running that comes easy for me.  i suck at running.  my legs are short.  my joints start aching.  my hips and knees scream after about four miles.  i am slow.  very slow.   but despite all of these things, i choose to run.  and i feel success not in speed, but in completion.  i love following a training schedule.  i still get to cross off a four mile run, even if it takes me four hours.  i went that distance.  who cares how fast?  i did it, and thats more then some can say. 

3 comments:

  1. Cool that you started this blog!! I love it. I want to watch you and Lyndsey cross the finish line at that half. Keep me posted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emily, you are amazing. I love the way you express yourself and I love the Armstrong quote. So true! Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete